Emmy Rossum images by sandra watkins

Showtime renews Shameless and Episodes!



Hot off their highly successful freshman seasons, SHOWTIME has ordered second seasons of SHAMELESS and EPISODES, it was announced today by David Nevins, President of Entertainment, Showtime Networks Inc.


Starring William H. Macy and Emmy Rossum, the outrageous hour-long family drama SHAMELESS received a 12-episode order for its second season, while half-hour comedy series EPISODES, starring TV icon Matt LeBlanc as a fictional version of himself, received a second season order with the number of episodes to be determined.


Both series premiered on January 9 to widespread critical and audience acclaim, with SHAMELESS becoming SHOWTIME’s best performing freshman drama ever. Production on both series will begin later this year.


“The viewer loyalty and critical acclaim that has met both SHAMELESS and EPISODES since their January debuts makes it clear that these two brash and sophisticated series are burgeoning hits,” said Nevins. “John Wells is carving out a tone that is truly unique in the television landscape—equal parts drama and comedy. And EPISODES marks the universally embraced and hilarious return to television of an inspired comedy triumvirate: Matt LeBlanc, and creators Jeffrey Klarik and David Crane. We are thrilled with the response to both series and eager to start planning for their second seasons.”


Both of these shows really surprised me this season as I wasn’t really excited about either in the beginning. I was not a fan of Friends and I really worried if the show would be similar to it in order to please fans.


The end result was this quirky British/American hybrid that I really enjoyed. Even Matt LeBlanc surprised me and I can now consider myself a fan!


Shameless had me worried mostly because British re-makes don’t always work when redone by us Yanks. I know it was an extremely popular show across the pond and I just hoped that we’d get close to its fabulosity. (We did!)


I’m cringing the closer we get to the season finale. :( I am glad we will get more antics from both next year.


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment